Artificial Turf Restoration
After you decided to take the plunge and install an artificial turf field, you have probably realized it was one of the smartest moves you’ve ever made.
But when you’ve been playing and practicing on the same artificial turf field day in and day out for years, it’s easy to get used to the declining appearance of an aging field. If this is the case, it might be time to consider taking a step back and evaluating the overall condition of your field.
Some telltale signs that it might be time to restore your field include:
- Frequently loose inlays that pose tripping hazards
- Splitting and shedding turf fibers
- Tired field appearance, where the color of the field dulls to a grayish-green hue
- Inlays and lines are significantly more worn than the turf in the body of the field
- A lot of infill on the sides of the field
What’s more important than the appearance, of course, is the safety of your field. Over time as infill migrates, displaces, and compacts there is less cushion for an athlete when they fall, which poses a higher risk for injury. And while you might be able to get by with a tired-looking field, you simply can’t put your athletes at risk.
Restoring older artificial turf fields is something we take great pride in having the ability to do at Turfix. Our artificial turf restoration team at Turfix can add years to the life of a field by spending just a few days restoring it back to its former glory.
The objectives of artificial turf restoration are threefold:
- To improve the safety of your surface
- To return turf to as close as its original performance specifications as possible
- To extend the turf’s serviceable life to maximize your investment
Whether we’re building your field from the ground up, converting your field to accommodate an entirely different sport, optimizing it, or restoring it to its original condition, Turfix strives to deliver results that exceed expectations.
If you have an artificial turf field that has seen better days and is likely due for a little rejuvenation and restoration, contact Turfix today to schedule your free on-field inspection! As always, feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or if you would like to know more about how to keep your field from getting to this point. We would love to hear from you!